Proving Fault For Your Car Accident
Car accidents are unexpected and stressful, and can happen to even the most careful of drivers.
Every time you get behind the wheel, you are sharing the responsibility of your own safety with all other drivers on the road. Yet, other drivers operate their vehicles in a way that puts you in danger. Your time to react is minimal and there may be other road hazards or even a malfunction of your own vehicle.
No driver wants to be considered “at fault” for an accident, which can often lead to a lot of finger pointing after the fact. To make sure you aren’t wrongfully blamed for an accident which wasn’t your fault, and that you recover the maximum damages possible for your accident and injuries, be sure to do the following immediately after your car accident:
- Do not sign any documents unless it’s for the police or your own insurance agent.
- Make immediate notes about the accident, including specific damages to all vehicles involved, witness information, etc.
- Take Photographs of all the vehicles involved and the scene of the accident.
- If the name on the auto registration is different than the driver, jot down the relationship.
- Be polite, but don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault, because it really might not be. It could turn out to be a factor that was out of your control. State only the facts, and limit your discussion of the accident to the police and your insurance agent.
- If possible, don’t leave the accident scene before the police and other drivers do.
If You’ve Been Hurt We Can Help
The injuries you have suffered as a result of your accident can be severe and life-altering, with additional injuries often discovered long after the accident has occurred.
When a driver’s negligent behaviors or careless actions lead to the serious injury or death of another person, the negligent driver must be held accountable. It is the law.
Our California accident attorneys will fight for your right to proper compensation. We have successfully represented clients who have suffered significant and life-changing injuries, lost a loved one, or incurred severe damage to their personal property, and have the experience to ensure your needs are fully covered.
Experienced Car Accident Attorneys
While the trauma, pain, and suffering of your accident are normal, The Mann Law Firm works immediately to help you in your time of need.
Sadly, many car accident victims never receive the full amount of damages to which they’re entitled because they fail to find expert legal guidance as soon as possible after their accident.
The Mann Law Firm understands that your immediate goals after going through the trauma of a car accident are to get your medical bills covered, make sure you don’t suffer financially through additional lost wages, and that the responsible parties will pay for future treatments relating to your accident. Oftentimes, the responsible parties do not believe that you are in pain and have suffered for lengthy periods of time.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in California, let our attorneys work to restore your peace of mind as soon as possible. Instead of accepting the initial offer that the insurance company makes, contact our attorneys for a free consultation today at (408) 287-1600.