Gary Mann is an associate at The Mann Law Firm. His practice concentrates on litigating claims for personal injury, wrongful death, product design defects and manufacturing defects.
Due to Mr. Mann’s background in engineering and physics, he has been essential in assisting and presenting cases involving complex accident reconstruction and design issues. The following are a sample of Mr. Mann’s cases:
- One of the first Toyota runaway acceleration wrongful death cases. The Toyota Camry accelerated uncontrollably on Highway 280 for over 20 miles before rear-ending a vehicle in San Jose, killing our client’s father/husband. The case resolved quickly after inspecting the vehicles involved and gathering evidence through extensive tests to prove the defect and causation.
- Mr. Mann co-chaired a trial with Louis Franecke of the Franecke Law Group and Dennis Artese of Anderson Kill & Olick in Los Angeles Federal Court involving a Dassault Falcon 900 airplane crash in Santa Barbara, California. The private jet ran off the end of the runway after a nonresponse at Vr, causing substantial property damage. The trial lasted approximately 4 weeks. The jury returned a verdict for in favor of the Plaintiffs against Defendant Dassault Aviation.
- The Mann Law Firm was retained to help the search efforts and gather community leaders to aid the family in their search for a missing doctor who disappeared one evening in Alameda County. She was eventually found in her own car off a boat ramp in the Alameda Estuary. A lawsuit was filed against the city of Alameda for the defective design of the roadway and lack of warning signs. After an extensive investigation and analysis, the County of Alameda settled with the family for the wrongful death of this well respected doctor.
- Wrongful death of a young woman when she was killed in an under-ride collision against a retailer’s company truck and trailer on Highway 152. Liability was contested as the parties disagreed to the percentages of fault involved our client’s death. The case settled for a confidential amount in January 2012 after 2 days of jury selection.
- A breach of contract between a multi billion dollar conglomerate and a local company for the sale of assets and business. After months of extensive work, the case was settled immediately after filing the complaint.
- Helicopter crash in Honey Lake, California which resulted in the death of an onboard nurse and the pilot. The case went to trial in Federal Court in Sacramento and lasted approximately 5 weeks. Mr. Mann co-chaired the trial with the Franecke Law Group.
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court (Eastern District)
- United States District Court (Central District)
- Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Bar Association
- University of California, Davis – B.S. [Computer Engineering] – 2001
- University of San Diego Law School – Juris Doctor – 2005
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- 2014 Trial Lawyer of the Year Nominee – Santa Clara Trial Lawyers Association
- In the News
- San Jose Mercury News
- Fresno Bee
- Modesto Bee